Saturday, September 14, 2013

Talented Kansas

Who would have expected that the County Fair in Western Kansas is a place to see great talent??  Well, I would have guessed that, but I have lived here most of my life.  In fact, my own musical training mostly took place in Western Kansas.  So, it didn't surprise me one bit to see talent at the fair and the support of the crowd.  
I was fortunate enough to get to announce the winners of the youth portion of the Norton Idol at the Norton County Fair.  What an amazing turnout and what a great start of talented singers that I hope will go far.  The youth division and the adult division Norton Idol participants were blessed to get some great constructive advice from the judges.  And, I can't even call it constructive criticism, because it was all so nicely delivered, I'm not sure you can say there was anything critical about it.



Then, it was time for the Talent Show at the Trego County Fair.  While the Norton Idol was all about singing, the Trego County fair was a variety of talent, including some "commercial" non-judged skits that had the audience rolling with laughter.  Even as I kept my eyes on the clouds, I don't know that I have laughed so much for a long time.  Fortunately, the rain held off and let us have an amazing talent show.  What a great display of local talent and talent from exhibitors at the fair.  If you haven't experienced the talent of Western Kansas, you are missing out on something great.

Announcing the winners

And the winner is . . . Three Guys and a Guitar.  
Check out their performance.


Thankful thoughts for today:
Cool temps
Completion of my Learning Coach notebook
My son, the chef
Identifying the problem
Quiet
Purple fall attire

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."
                      Epicetetus

No comments:

Post a Comment