Saturday, March 8, 2014

Emporia State University



I had the amazing privilege of speaking with a Rehab Counseling class at Emporia State University.  I got to set up my displays and give my PowerPoint presentation.  Then, my favorite part begins.  I got to spend time doing a q&a session with the class.  That has been my favorite part during this entire year.  I love to spend time talking with all the amazing people I meet all over the state and really getting to share my heart and talk about what is on their minds.  This experience was somewhat different since I am a former Voc Rehab client and this was a room full of future Voc Rehab Counselors.  I had the opportunity to answer questions about my Voc Rehab experience and talk about what had been most helpful to me.

This was also somewhat different because my entire family was present. The class had the chance to ask my husband some questions as well and get his perspective of the last 10 years.  Good thing he is not shy.  :)

We did make it to this event without a camera.  :(  So, thank you to Dr. Katrina Miller for taking pictures and sending them to me quickly.   Thank you for inviting me to share with the class.  I loved sharing my life story with all of you.  Thank you to my family for helping me with set up, tear down, driving me to events, and being so willing to answer questions.  I could never have had such a successful year without your support.  Thank you.





Thankful thoughts for today:
Nap
Supportive family
Ice Cream

"Be thankful for what you have, you'll end up having more.  If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
                                                                              Oprah Winfry


No comments:

Post a Comment