Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Congratulations Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2014

Here we are at the "big day."  This is the day I say my thank yous and farewells and Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2014 is crowned and begins her exciting year.  We all get the benefit of pampering time so we look beautiful and the ladies get time to practice the ceremony and talk with steering committee members to help calm their nerves.  (As much as possible anyway).  :)  This year was even more memorable since it was the 10th crowning ceremony.  We celebrated the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas program, our amazing State Coordinator, and many of the previous title holders were on hand at the ceremony to help celebrate and even brought their crowns and sashes for display.  Thank you Carrie for all you have done for the program to help it get to its 10th anniversary.  I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Here are some pics from the event

The judges: Jaime Slack, Kenny Foust, and Alice Zhang
 and judge coordinator: Rebecca Branam

Waiting . . .
Congratulating Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2014, Brigid Schwilling
The three lovely contestants:
Keara Hockman, Brigid Schwilling, & Jessica Soderlund

Adding the boys: Hagid and Grady  :)
Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2014, Brigid Schwilling
and previous titleholders:
MWKS 2004 Carrie Greenwood
MWKS 2005  JoAnne Fluke
MWKS 2006  Ranita Wilks
MWKS 2008  Amanda Steiner
MWKS 2009 Marie Clement
MWKS 2010 Tiffany Nickel
MWKS 2011 Jennifer Kreutzer
MWKS 2013 Angel Shaver




Me and Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2014, Brigid Schwilling




Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2014
Brigid Schwilling



Congratulations Brigid!  I hope you have an exciting year filled with lots of adventure and sharing the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas mission and your platform around the state.  You have joined an amazing sisterhood.  Don't for one minute think you are alone out there.  Feel free to use the resources of the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas organization.  Good luck this year and know we are all here for you.

This post will close my blog.  This is a bittersweet moment.  I'm am thrilled for Brigid and can't wait to hear all about what this year has in store for her.  Finishing this blog is my final official duty as Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2013.  Posting this will mean I'm closing the door on one chapter of my life.  But, I think I'm ready.  The second grade class asked me if I would be sad.  And, I meant it when I told them that I was excited to add another titleholder to the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas sisterhood.  I will always and forever be Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2013 and will always be a part of this amazing program.

Come to the Kansas Sampler Festival in Wamego, May 3&4 to see me, meet Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2014 on Saturday, and see the debut of the amazing new Ms. Wheelchair Kansas display created by Eric Shaver.  :)

To learn more about Ms. Wheelchair Kansas and keep up with their events, you can visit their websitewww.mswheelchairkansas.org or follow them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mswheelchairkansas

My passion for my platform, "Maintaining an Attitude of Gratitude" did not end in March.  That is a passion I will continue to hold and share forever.  Keep being thankful no matter what happens in life.

Thankful thoughts for today:
Getting an answer
Peace
PowerChair

"Life is full of give and take.  Give thanks and take NOTHING for granted."
                                                                    Author Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment