Friday, March 28, 2014

Heading Home on Fire



All the pressure of the week is over and the new Ms. Wheelchair American 2014 has been crowned.  Now, it is time to get together for the Queen's Breakfast, say our good-byes, get one last gift that will remind us forever of this week, and head home.  What an amazing time to get to see all these wonderful ladies one last time in Houston before heading to our separate states to continue our work as Ms. Wheelchair title holders in our respective states.

Our gift was a crown necklace that I have worn almost every day and especially when I have appearances.  It reminds me of the amazing sisterhood I have established nation wide and the important work all of us have done and will continue to do.  I lost my necklace in January and almost had a melt down.  Thankfully a store clerk found it, knew it must be important, and saved it for me until I retraced my steps and found it.  Thank you to that store clerk and to my cousin for heading into that store and asking about it for me.  It's hard to think about an inanimate object being so important, but it's really about what it represents.  This has been an amazing year and I love the tangible reminder of all that the Ms. Wheelchair America program does for this country.  I'm proud to be a part of it.

Now, it's back to Kansas and back to work.  That is really why it took me so long to finish my posts from this week.   I hope my previous posts will show that I came back and didn't rest.  I took my job as Ms. Wheelchair Kansas seriously and my mission to spread my platform of "Maintaining an Attitude of Gratitude" around the state.  I left the Ms Wheelchair America weekend with a renewed mission to get my platform to as many Kansans as I possibly could.  I saw a sign in a rest stop on the way home that said, "I am the Queen of my neighborhood."  That has been my mission.  I am Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2013 and I have a job to do.  I am heading home on fire!

Thankful thoughts for the day:
Confirmation
Independence
Moving forward
The Voice
People to help  when needed

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."
                                                                     Thornton Wilder

1 comment:

  1. I just attempted to post a comment, but I'm not sure it went through, so here is another attempt. Wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed following your blog. Your platform of maintaining an attitude of gratitude truly touched me. -- Carol Keller

    ReplyDelete