Monday, March 24, 2014

The Night You've All Been Waiting For

Nothing like 8 months late, but here it is . . . the Night You've All Been Waiting For.

The day was filled with primping and pampering.  Speech night was over, so speech practice was also over.  In fact, nerves were pretty much gone.  I faced this night knowing I had done the best I could to let the judges see the real me and shared my passion with the nation the night before.  Now, there was no real preparation to be done.  If I am chosen in the top five, I answer the judges' questions honestly on stage and just hope I don't throw up.  :)  We are eating dinner before hand after all--maybe that's why I seemed to pick at my dinner.

My pampering was quite an adventure this time.  My make-up artist did a great job of listening and doing just what I asked.  My hair was another story.  I asked my hair dresser to leave my hair at least part way down and work with my natural curls.  The hair dresser pulled out a straightening iron and straightened my hair.  When I commented about "I thought we were going to work with my curls?"  I was told they would curl my hair after it was straightened.  Didn't make sense to me, but I guess whatever.  So, they straightened my hair, and then curled it, and pulled it back and made a row of cinnamon roll type buns around my head.  It was a little too adventurous for me.  So, I looked around the room and found another contestant's hair that I like and asked my hair dresser to copy that.  So, she did and here is the final result.


Then, the night arrives and we all look beautiful.  And, the hotel room was gorgeous.  Check out the pictures of the glamour we all got to experience.  It was during the pre-crowning ceremony that I really felt like a national pageant contestant.  We all got to vote for Miss Congeniality.  I remember as a little girl, that was my goal--to win Miss Congeniality at a National Pageant.  Well, I didn't win, but I sure had fun getting to vote. Congratulations to Ms. Wheelchair Alabama, Paula Montgomery Rodney.





The crowning ceremony begins.  They say pictures are worth a thousand words, so here we go:
Little Miss Wheelchair Texas
Lining up

Introducing myself, my state, and my platform

The top five:  Ms Wheelchair Tennessee, Ms. Wheelchair Kentucky,
Ms. Wheelchair Washington, Ms. Wheelchair Massachusetts, and
Ms. Wheelchair New Jersey


And the winner is . . .


Ms. Wheelchair Washington
Jenny Adams!!!

Congratulations Jenny!  I was privileged to get to spend time with Jenny during the week.  We were speach practice partners and I spent time enjoying meals with her and Lindsay with my family.  We all love you and were thrilled when you were crowned.  Come visit us in Kansas sometime.  :)


Thankful thoughts for the day:
Sleep
Power chair
Google
When it all comes together


"If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness.  It will change your life mightily."
                                   Gerald Good


No comments:

Post a Comment