Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Visit to Oz Part 2













As long time fan of all that is Wizard of Oz, I was so excited to be invited back to Wamego as Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2013.  This is my second visit to Oz as Ms. Wheelchair Kansas and this time I was invited to participate with the Emerald City Stage.  Check out my blog post about my first visit to Oz as Ms. Wheelchair Kansas.
http://mwks13.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-visit-to-oz.html

I was so excited about the opportunity to share my platform during a time slot Saturday afternoon.  I loved the chance to talk about how Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion learned the lesson about "Maintaining an Attitude of Gratitude" during the Wizard of Oz.  See if you can figure it out and then come talk to me sometime.  I was also excited about judging the contests.  Little did I know that when they told me I would be a judge for the contests, they meant I would be THE judge.  Except for help from Miss Pottawatomie County Fair during one Dorothy look alike competition, I was the only judge.  Talk about difficult.  I am so glad I re watched the movie the night before heading to Oztoberfest, so I knew exactly what to look for.
Wicked Witch Look Alike Contest


Wicked Witch Cackle Contest
























Dorothy Look Alike Contest

























Miss Pottawatomie County Fair


This was an amazing experience.  I got to share about Ms. Wheelchair Kansas and my platform (and I got to enjoy all that is Oz in the process.)  The energy was amazing and those dressed up made the weekend so much more fun.  I even got to meet and have a picture with foreign visitors mostly because the crown is a conversation starter.  I love the chance to share about Ms. Wheelchair Kansas and my platform.  My family got to experience more of Oz than I did, since I spent the majority of my time with the Emerald City Stage.  I did get to experience a few of the booths, stores, etc.  But, I missed some things.  Dorothy was even on trial for the murder of the Wicked Witch, but I didn't get to see any of it.  Next time I get to attend, I'll make sure to take it all in.   Oh, and my daughter says next time I won't be the judge so she can enter the contests.  :)  Maybe we'll all dress up like Oz characters.  Come to the next Oztoberfest.  You never know what you'll see. :)



































I even wore my special Oz shirt and bought a paper flower from a vendor for the occasion.


Details of my shirt



















Talking with People
Always my favorite part
Getting Silver Shoes and Powder of Life
autographed by Paul Miles Schneider
and talking about my platform

























Thankful thoughts for today:
Schedules
Early school dismissal
My sous chef
Medical options
Teachers

"It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.


                         Naomi Williams













No comments:

Post a Comment