Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Beginning of Relationships



Fun Day arrives.  The day I think we're supposed to spend getting to know each other and just relax and have a good time.  Well, it worked.  We had a great time and not only got to see some amazing things at the museum, but also got to know some amazing women (and amazing companions).  I don't know if it had the same effect for everyone, but I left knowing I had just begun a relationship with an amazing group of women and hoping that relationship would carry on past this week in Texas.  My Ms. Wheelchair sisterhood had just increased exponentially.  Now, no matter where I travel, I have sisters who understand me and I can look them up and know I'll have a great time!

I'm sure we were quite a sight travelling through downtown Houston.  I'm positive we got more than one second look,.  I just hope that led to asking questions and learning more about Ms. Wheelchair America.  :)






 It was time for our group photo.  What a task to arrange all of us and have us looking at the camera at the same time and then add companions and ask the same.  Then, finally add all volunteers and extra family members.  I'm positive we got some second looks all over again,.  :)



The museum is amazing.  I don't have pics from all the exhibits.  Some didn't photograph well, I didn't really want to share my plethera of photos, and some were just downright creepy.  If you want to see mummies, you will have to visit the museum yourselves.  I did see a ton of stuff and learn even more with our handy scavenger hunt provided by our MWA hosts.  :)
Did you know this is the only full Triceratops fossil in the U.S. or was it
the world?  I don't remember.

Wouldn't be a trip to a Texas museum without seeing the ancestor
of the armadillo.  



This was probably my favorite part of the museum.  Getting to touch bugs is always an interesting adventure, but the butterfly habitat took my breath away.  I could have spent all day reading a book and sitting still in that room, letting the butterflies fly all around and occassionally come to rest on my shirt or my lap.  It was an amazing place for coversations with some of these amazing women.  I'm just sorry we waited until last to check it out.  We had to head back to the hotel much earlier than I would have liked.


Find Carrie and Stacy Greenwood

All in all it was a great day.  The kids enjoyed it so much, they had to take Grandpa back when he arrived in Houston.

Thanksgiving for Today:
No need for alarm clocks
Rest
Completing school enrollment tasks
Watching excitement about school increase
Cough drops
Dukes of Hazard


"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life."
                                Christiane Northrup

No comments:

Post a Comment