Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Accessiblity for All



I had the opportunity to meet with the Trego County Ministerial Alliance and talk about accessibility needs in their churches and at community religious events.  What a great meeting format.  The members of the ministerial alliance get together and eat lunch at my favorite WaKeeney Restaurant--The Western Kansas Saloon.  The Saloon does not have a wheelchair accessible entrance, YET.  But, we have been talking about it, so we'll see what the future holds.  It is a great place to have a calm and respectful conversation about the needs of the community and opportunities in which the Ministerial Alliance plays a big role.

I had the chance to share about my platform and ways it can be shared in the community.  I also got to share about the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas program and what it is all about.  We spent most of my time to share talking about accessibility needs in their churches and offering to be available to come to their various locations to discuss specifics.  I also had the opportunity to discuss the need for community religious events to take place in a location that is accessible to all.  We discussed Lenten breakfasts in particular and possible locations that could provide the greatest accessibility so all of the community can participate.  I did find out the local Catholic church was in the process of building an accessible fellowship hall and had the opportunity to say thank you.  The priest was not present at this meeting, but maybe the other members will pass the thanks along.

All in all, I'm excited to work with these Ministerial Alliance members to help make WaKeeney religious opportunities as accessible as possible to all.  I passed out my business cards and can't wait for them to get in contact with me in the future.




Thanksgiving for today:
Portable X-ray
New crock pot spaghetti recipe
Aleve
Mighty bug hunter

"It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart."
                         Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment