Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Groovy Spring Fling at ILRC




My very first chance to use my table banner and set up a display with
business cards and gratitude journal
 
What an amazing day.  My PCA, service dog, and I made a quick trip to Wichita and back in about the same amount of time my children were at school.  (Well, we did leave about a hour before they did)  I got to attend the Spring Fling at the Independent Living Resource Center.  It was so much fun to see all the psychedelic, groovy, flower power type decorations all over the place.   It was even more fun to see the clients in the spirit of things and dressed up to match the theme of the day.  How often as adults do we get a chance to dress up in theme costumes?  I think that's why I love having our family dress up together at Halloween.  It is so much fun to get to express our creativity that way.  I'm not dressed up because I didn't know the theme until I got there and my closet was a little too far away to run and change.  :)
 
 
 
I was so excited to share my platform and PowerPoint and then get to answer questions and continue the discussion afterward.  It was amazing to get to meet so many personally and have so many write in my gratitude journal.   The idea was brought up that people should be able to write online instead of just in my gratitude journal the day I am there.  So, here's a challenge for each of you.  You can write your thankful thoughts online.  I do mine on each blog post.  I would love to have you each send me a comment with your thankful thoughts.  You can do it once or you can do it daily or as often as you want.  I look forward to reading all your thankful thoughts.  :)


One thing I learned today was that many people want human contact when they come to talk to me.  It's not enough to just provide kind words and a smile.  They want human touch.  I think that is probably true for most of us.  We long for human touch to know we really matter to someone.  So, as long as people are looking for human touch, I am more than willing to provide a hand or a hug.    We all have things to be thankful for and for me that includes all the amazing people I have a chance to meet this year.  Keep in contact with me through this blog and let me know what amazing things are happening in your life.







 
 
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" er .. I mean
the dog under the table.
(My version of a quote from Wizard of Oz)

Thankful thoughts for today:
The smell of Spring
Sharing digital photos easily
Theodora nail polish
Chest freezer
Sous chef
Living a block from the grocery store

"She had found there was nothing she wished to say in her morning prayer except Thank You"  from The Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Arnim






No comments:

Post a Comment