Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Right Age for Questions



Today I got to share my platform with the Fifth Grade.  They got to see my PowerPoint presentation on their Promethean Board.  It is absolutely amazing to plug my jump drive into the laptop and suddenly see my presentation appear on the white board at the front of the classroom.  I've only heard great things about these boards.  I am thrilled the PTO decided to work hard to supply them to the classrooms.  This class did not get to hear my amazing story books, but they still got to hear my story and my "secret."  If your heart is full of thankfulness and peace, there is no room for negative feelings.  "We don't give thanks because we are happy.  We are happy because we give thanks." from The Secret of Saying Thanks by Douglas Wood
 
After the presentation, we had time for questions & answers.  I think I've found the right age for asking questions.  There were hands up all over the room and appropriate questions being asked.  And, they were listening to each other and the answers being given.  It was a great opportunity to share information about myself, my platform, and the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas program.  I was thoroughly impressed with the thought put into these questions.  There were wonderful questions I have not yet been asked, even by the adults I have talked with. 
 
While the q&a time was happening, my gratitude journal was circling the room.  The students got to write what they are thankful for.  The teacher even mentioned making that a part of their daily routine until the end of the school year.  I think we should all make that a part of our daily routine all year long.  I'd love to have you share it here on the comments.  :)













Thankful Thoughts for the Day:
Library Programs
Crock Pots
Education Options
Sonic Cherry Vanilla Coke
Cell Phones
Working Technology
2-Day Shipping

 "We don't give thanks because we are happy.  We are happy because we give thanks.
                                                                                           -- Douglas Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment