Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Town Hall

 
Congressman Tim Huelskamp was in WaKeeney doing a Town Hall meeting.
He shared what is going on in Washington right now especially in regard to budget and economics.  After his brief presentation, the floor was open for questions and discussion.  The questions and topic of conversation definitely related to the current concerns of the majority of the citizens in the room.  There was a lot of discussion about agriculture and the current economy.  Given the news of the moment (the Boston bombing), there was a lot of discussion about immigration and how it impacts our economy.
 
I did have some questions up my sleeve, but never got around to asking them.  They just didn't go with the flow of conversation--they weren't about agriculture or immigration,  :)
 
I did have a chance to meet Congressman Huelskamp and have a picture afterward.  What an honor.  I also had a chance to meet my State Senator--Senator Ostmeyer.  It was an honor to meet him and we had a chance to discuss when he can introduce me on the Senate floor.  It is looking like I'll be making a trip to Topeka during the next legislative session.  That is a trip I am looking forward to.



Thankful thoughts for today:
Good first impressions
WW Drilling
Gorgeous MWKS Bag
Satin Hands
Thirty One

"Pride slays thanksgiving…a proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves."                                                       --Henry Ward Beecher


No comments:

Post a Comment