Friday, December 20, 2013

Community Thanksgiving Service



What a privilege to be asked to speak at the Community Thanksgiving Service.  What an amazing opportunity to share my platform, "Maintaining an Attitude of Gratitude," with my local community.  It was held in the Catholic Church and they set up a screen and projector so I could use my PowerPoint.  I'm thankful for that because although I can give my presentation without them, it is way more fun for the audience if they can watch a PowerPoint outline and pictures.  :)  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to come together as a community and focus on Thanksgiving.  Now, let's be sure to do that year round, not just in November.


Following the service, we got together for cookies and a time to just talk.  I had a chance to talk to people one on one about Ms. Wheelchair Kansas and my year travelling the state.  I am thankful the church had made accommodations to allow wheelchairs to join in the fellowship.  The portable ramp was greatly appreciated.  Hopefully, all community religious activities will continue to be accessible to all.
http://mwks13.blogspot.com/2013/11/accessibility-for-all.html

Thankful thoughts for today:
Fleece lined tights
Smell of apple bread baking
Packing done!
Checking things off my list
Donut party at school

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them is the true measure of our thanksgiving."
                                                                                    W. T. Purkiser

No comments:

Post a Comment