Thursday, December 19, 2013

Lions Club--Giving Back Part 2


This is my second opportunity to share with a Lions Club Chapter.  http://mwks13.blogspot.com/2013/11/lions-club-giving-back.html
This time it was in Ransom.  While it wasn't to a room full of people I have known since childhood, it was still a room full of Lions.   It was still a room full of people who listened respectfully and with whom I had great dinner conversation before my presentation and a great q&a time afterward.  We had an amazing time of discussion with some very well thought out questions based on genuine, active listening of my presentation.  In fact, I was asked questions about scrapbooking and left wondering how they knew I was a scrapbooker.  It wasn't until I gave my presentation again and found myself mentioning a visit to the scrapbook store, that I realized I myself had told them I was a scrapbooker during my presentation.  I guess I should do a better job at listening to myself talk.  :)

This second Lions Club experience reemphasized the importance of Lions and their commitment to service and community.  They even voted to give a donation to help me take my message to even more places in Kansas.  I am thrilled to share my platform with as many Kansans as I can in as much of Kansas as the weather will allow during the next couple of months.  If you know of anywhere that could use a visit from Ms. Wheelchair Kansas 2013 and/or would like to hear my platform about "Maintaining an Attitude of Gratitude," please let me know.  There are still spaces in my calendar in January and February.  I'd love to come see you if we can make it work.
Thankful thoughts for today:
Getting a gift right
Christmas party excitement
Surprise Christmas activities
Jelly Telly

"What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it--would you be likely to give them another?  Life is the same way.  In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have."
                                                                                  Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment